Ozone is a nearly colourless (but faintly blue) gaseous form of oxygen, with a characteristic odour like that of weak chlorine. It is usually found in trace amounts in the atmosphere, but is primarily found at 30 000 to 150 000 feet. Ozone (O3) is a very effective disinfection agent and can be used in swimming pools to replace chlorine.
Ozonated swimming pools are not a new thing; they have been used in Europe for over 50 years, with a clear understanding of the environment and health benefits. Enhancing a pool owners experience by making it safer, healthy and a more sanitised pleasure is fast becoming an international trend.
Big maintenance cost and time savings
- In comparison to chlorine, once your ozonater has been installed it is almost maintenance free.
- Chemical consumption is reduced to 40% of your normal usage giving you a guaranteed water-safe pool, with no harmful by-products.
- Tired of chemical checks, now you only have to do it on a weekly basis rather than daily.
- Improves your pools water filtration system due to an increased flocculation of organic waste.
- Less calcium build-up and calcium carbonate scaling on your pool’s surface, so your pool life time is increased.
- Increases the life of your pool equipment.
- Has neutral pH, so the pool’s pH level remains unaffected by ozone treatment.
- Is tasteless and non-irritating to the eyes, throat, nasal passages and produces softer water that leaves your skin silky and smooth.
- There is no need to store toxic chemicals which can break down, becoming ineffective in storage or risk children “playing” with toxic chemicals.
Ozonated systems have proven time and time again to be able to disinfect pools faster and better than chlorine systems. Ozone systems are only as effective as your overall system is. In order to work best for your pool, it is important that your pool has a proper and efficient filtration system, with a balanced water chemistry. These aspects, when combined with ozone, will deliver superior and enhanced results for your pool water. Ozone systems for pools are far better to bathers, equipment and the environment; just watch your garden be filled with birds, insects and tiny reptiles.
TLB Pools encourages you to follow the trend and add an Ozonated system to your swimming pool, call us and we give you a quote on the installation.